Victim's Resource Center
IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF SEXUAL ASSAULT OR ABUSE, HELP IS AVAILABLE AT THE VICTIMS RESOURCE CENTER IN CARBON COUNTY
VRC SERVICES INCLUDE:
- A 24 hour hotline
- Information about the criminal justice system
- Advocacy for victim's rights
- Accompaniment to hospitals, police stations, and Courts
- Assistance in filing for Crime Victims Compensation
- Individual counseling to deal with the impact of violence
- Emotional support
- Referral to community resources and social service agencies for additional help
All services are free and confidential.
Services are available to men, women, teens and children.
THE CHANCES OF BEING A VICTIM OF SEXUAL ASSAULT IN YOUR LIFETIME ARE 1 IN 4 FOR FEMALES AND 1 IN 6 FOR MALES.
VRC presents programs to the public and professionals in our community. The purpose of these programs is to prevent violence and crime in our homes, workplace and community. Further, our goal is to reduce the impact of sexual violence upon victims and their families and to increase the quality of care to victims.
You can contact VRC in person at: 1001 Mahoning Street, Lehighton, PA 18235, or by calling local hotline at 610-379-0151.